Difference between overhead crane and monorail crane
1.The running track is different
- Bridge crane: bridge along the track laid on both sides of the elevated longitudinal running, lifting trolley along the track laid on the bridge lateral running, constituting a rectangular working range, you can make full use of the space under the bridge lifting materials, not hindered by the ground equipment.
- Monorail crane: is the hoisting mechanism can only move along the track direction of the crane mechanism, that is, the electric hoist suspended on the track, the hoist can only do a simple linear movement along the track direction.
2.The crane use is different.
- Bridge crane is used for a rectangular working area, the large car running track must generally be straight.
- Monorail crane is a linear area, and the running track allows the existence of curves.
3.Application of different scenarios.
- Bridge cranes transporting heavy loads are highly applicable, the heaviest can be several hundred tons, widely used in indoor and outdoor warehouses, factories, docks and open storage yards, etc., can also be customized for special environments.
- Monorail cranes are generally smaller, the applicability of the difference is very far, generally used in the transport of heavy objects is a linear interval occasions.
What is a Overhead crane?
Overhead crane is widely used in workshops, warehouses, docks and other occasions lifting equipment mainly consists of the bridge, lifting mechanism, trolley running mechanism, trolley running mechanism and electrical control system and other parts. The movement of the crane has lifting movement of the lifting mechanism, the movement of the whole machine along the big car track, the movement of the lifting trolley along the trolley track on the bridge. The lifting motion of the lifting mechanism, the horizontal motion of the trolley running mechanism and the large trolley running mechanism are combined to realize the material handling operation in three-dimensional space.
Suspension overhead crane is a kind of crane, its structural form is suspension, the so-called suspension refers to the crane's beam is located below the track, hanging below, so called suspension, cantilever crane is a kind of light crane. It can be suspended on the main beam of the steel structure. He is somewhat similar to the monorail crane, but not the same.
What is a monorail crane?
Monorail cranes are an alternative to traditional cranes or conveyors for lifting equipment. Manufacturers typically use these cranes to move materials or products in a limited area rather than throughout a building.
Monorail cranes may be installed in the structure of a building as part of a ceiling or column, or they may be installed later using separate brackets. Monorail cranes make it easier to lift products onto shelves for storage or to transport products from one part of a room to another for further assembly and production. While the exact design of a monorail crane may vary from application to application, each unit has some basic features in common. Steel beams run parallel to the floor and support metal trolleys or carts. The trolley may run above or below the beam, depending on the ceiling height and the required lifting capacity. Steel cables or chains support the crane attached to the trolley. As this trolley runs along the beam crane, it transports the crane and additional loads to the desired location. Some monorail cranes simply run along a straight line from one end of the room to the other. Other monorail cranes have complex designs, including curves, elevation changes, and these complex monorail crane designs are often used as an alternative to traditional conveyors and as assembly lines for large or oversized products. When a monorail crane moves products along a production line, workers can complete different steps in the production process.
Monorail cranes may have several operating mechanisms. Many are electric and rely on electric motors. Cranes used for very heavy loads often require pneumatic or hydraulic operating systems some very basic models may even require manual operation when workers secure objects to the crane and then slide the trolley by hand from one end of the monorail to the other. One of the main advantages of monorail cranes is their flexibility. Purchasers can customize these units to meet the needs of any type of product line. They are also ideal for small spaces when a forklift or crane is too bulky or impractical. Unlike conveyors or other assembly line systems, monorail cranes can also keep floor areas free of obstructions. The biggest drawback of such systems is the need for frequent stops and starts. Workers are forced to stop and start instead of continuous production processes to produce one unit at a time before repositioning the hoist. This can slow down production and reduce efficiency.